Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blog Roll- My Writing Process

Hello peeps and happy Monday! Today I am going to do something a little different and tell you a little about my writing process. I was tagged by the awesome Nikki Jefford to participate in this awesome blog roll. I have never answered questions about my writing process so this should be fun. Make sure you check out Nikki's answers to the questions at her site Nikki Jefford.

1) What am I working on right now?

In June I published my very first book, Guided. I left it with a cliffhanger so I have been hard at work on book 2 Deceived. I'm not too far in, but am having a lot of fun with the direction the story is going. I can't wait to get it out there.

2) How does my work differ from others in the genre?

Guided is a young adult paranormal story about a young witch trying to save her family line. She is new to magic and has to navigate the world of magic while fighting for her life. I know it doesn't sound different from any other witch story out there, but I do give you a lot of elements that you wouldn't typically find in a witch story. Guided gives you Angel's, shifters, and magic of every kind. I like to think it's different. I hope you do too.

3) Why do I write what I do?

Simple. Because it's what I like to read. I have always enjoyed escaping into the world of witches and magic. And when I sat down to write it's the story that flowed. The place where I felt comfortable. Think of it as my escape from reality. I live in reality, I want something different, something magical. You know cow gone take me away and all that!

4) How does my writing process work?

Ha! That is a very good question. As of right now I really don't know. It changes a lot. One thing that remains constant is music. I have to have music to write. And it has to be music that moves me at the time, so it is always different.

But I am currently addicted to the music from Ed Sheeran, lately I just put his music on repeat and listen away!


What worked yesterday may not work today. I also can't write without a notebook close by. When I get stuck I like to put paper to pen to get the words flowing. So is that a process???



Well there you have it folks... my process or what process there is! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stop by Steven Montano's site next Monday, the 25th because he is the author I tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment