Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Joe Vampire: The New Paranormal {Cover & Blurb Reveal}

**I love vampires. Who doesn't. But a couple of years ago a snarky and crude vampire entered my life and changed it for the better. Joe Vampire brought a different perspective to the world of the vampire and it was so laugh out loud funny that I can't stop reading them. Now the great author, Steven Luna is releasing the next installment in the series and I am happy to share the cover and blurb with all of you. Make sure you check this series out!! 

Release: TBA

Blurb~
What has two fangs, a houseful of domestic madness and a brand-new blog full of vampire blah-blah-blah?

This guy right here.
 
Twice around the web and five years of contemporary ghoul-dude antics just weren’t enough for me. So I’m doing it all over again. This time, I’m in the throes of family expansion, in the form of another sticky-handed little Asherling running around this place—complete with vampire complications of his own. And the music project is picking up steam, too, including an amazing opportunity to tour with Revenant, those legendary gods of 80s Gothtronica. I’ll have to realign my work responsibilities and figure out how to be away from Chloe and the kids for a while in order to make it all happen.

And, of course, the vampire elements will need to be kept under control. That’s always tricky.
 
I can handle anything it throws at me, as long as my family stays safe.
 
There’s a lot to keep track of when the big What Happens Next has become the big What’s Happening Now. At this point, I’m balancing everything as best I can—the wife and kids, the day job and the dream job, the friends old and new.
 
Joe Asher and Joe Vampire.
 
It’s tenuous but possible, if I put my not-so-beating heart into it.
 
It’s about time I accept that my life is always going to be a little more complex than I’d expected. All things considered, it’s a definite double-fistful of awesome, with a smattering of not-so-wonderful thrown in for good measure.
 
Yep. Welcome to the new paranormal.
 
Population: us. 

Make sure you check out the rest of the series while you're at it.

Joe Vampire book 1 Blurb~
Hey, folks. I’m Joe, and I’m a vampire – not by choice, mind you, but by accident…a fate-twisting, fang-creating, blood lust-inducing misunderstanding. It started with a group date, a case of mistaken identity and far too many sake bombers, and ended with a ridiculous set of circumstances that I just can’t seem to wrap my head around.

Maybe you can tell: I’m not real happy about it. But I’m certainly not going to let it get in the way of my life.

So I’ve thrown my ranting into a blog. I’m hanging out my dirty laundry in an effort to explain the real deal about being a card-carrying member of the Undead Elite. Believe me, it’s not all satin capes and naked ladies…none of it is, actually. Instead, it’s just one nasty little surprise after another. The truth bears exposing, and I’m pulling back the curtain on all of it. If I can figure out how to keep it from mowing me over in the process, then that’s groovy, too.

And that thing about vampires sparkling in the sun?

That is a bunch of bull.


Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Joe Vampire: the afterlife book 2 Blurb~
So…yeah. It’s me again. America’s most sarcastic vampire.

I’m back on the blog. It’s been a while – about a year, if we need to get into specifics. Which I usually do. It’s just a thing with me.

A lot has happened since we last chatted – some good, some bad. All worthwhile, in the grand scheme. I’ve dealt with the whole Living Dead thing long enough now to know how to keep it from taking over my life. What I’m still figuring out is how to keep it from wreaking havoc on everyone else’s lives. It’s a roller coaster, for sure, but I’m convinced that waiting for me somewhere on the other side of the Other Side is a real-life life, not just some artificially-sweetened half-life substitute. I want a family. I want my music.

I want the dream come true, not the dream fell through.

And I’m determined to have it, regardless of how eternal this afterlife thing might be. But it’s a hell of a lot to keep track of. Barring any unforeseen developments that might undo all my vampirosity, I may have to grow up a little in order to get it all to work out. I’m ready for that, though.

As fun as it might seem to hang with the Lost Boys, I can’t be Peter Pan-pire forever.

Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment