Thursday, January 2, 2014

{Review} Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis:
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?


Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Website

My Review

First let me say thank you to Toni at My Book Addiction for the copy of this book. I won it in one of her awesome flash giveaways! Thanks Toni!

Okay my review for this book is going to be a little different because there is not much that I can say that is not a spoiler, but I really want you all to know how much you really need to read this freaking book. So here it goes.

In Origin we see Daemon do exactly what we all knew he would do, put his life on the line to save the one he loves...Katy. You knew it, I knew it. No surprise there so no spoiler either. (One small victory)

But it's what happens after he puts his life on the line that has me all flabbergasted and looking for words. Because what happens will absolutely blow your mind! 

We learn a lot about Luxen, Arum and the governments role in everything; of course Jennifer L. Armentrout leaves us with more questions than answers, but we expected that too. What can I say she knows how to get her hooks into you and I am a total sucker for it. 

But in between learning all these things this, this stuff happens which totally leaves my jaw on the floor and I'm like, what???? And then this amazing thing happens and I was like oh my god, oh my god, oh my god....SQUEE *insert fangirly screaming and leaping off the couch in excitement here* Daemon and Katy, Daemon and Katy, holy freaking crap balls...oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! Yea it was seriously like that.

For most of the book it was like that. It was a lot of oh my gosh, holy crapballs, and did that just really happen? I was left dumbfounded, speechless, on the edge of my seat, and absolutely begging for more! Of course I swooned a LOT, but who wouldn't when Daemon Black is involved! I mean hello? Have you read this series?

Obviously if you can't tell I think you really, really, really should read this book. And if you haven't started this series then I think you need to get off your duff and fix that problem NOW. :)


"Yes," I said. "She is worth everything." (kindle, loc. 202)

Okay so maybe this isn't my absolute most favorite moment in the book. But remember me saying this book had spoilers, well so does my favorite moment. But I definitely think this statement sums up the length Daemon will go for Katy.



2 comments:

  1. This is one series I need to get in to. I see that people love it!! Sometimes it's hard to review a book without spoilers. I was just on pinterest a minute ago and got a dang spoiler for a book I am about to start. Sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do. I was apprehensive when I first heard of this series, it took me a while to decide to start it. But boy am I happy I did. I have loved every book in this series. And man will I ever be sad to see it end this year. :(

      Man that sucks! I hate it when I come upon a spoiler. Especially for a book I am about to start. I know it's hard to write reviews without spoilers, hence my review above, but there is nothing worse then getting a spoiler and not being warned in advance.

      Delete