Saturday, February 9, 2013

Goal Update

When I set my goals for this year one of my goals was to blog more, and until recently I have been doing just that. Blogging more, reviewing more, and reading more, but as we all know life happens. And in my case that life is called Graduate school. Well it involves other things too like family but that is an every day drama and something that will never go away. And it is something that I have learned to move around.

Now my life right now isn't uber crazy and believe me I have had some uber crazy semesters and times in my life. But lately I have realized something. I realized that when I started this blog I put off another passion of mine--writing. You see when I started this blog I was half way through writing a novel. And I realized that since I started my blog I haven't worked on my book--at all. Now don't get me wrong blogging is an idea that I don't regret and hope to never regret, but it is a decision that has forced me to make choices.

And well sometimes we make those choices without realizing everything we are giving up.

So, between all my reading, school, blogging, and family stuff I have been trying to write my book. But I just haven't been feeling it. And after some much needed venting on Twitter and the help of a couple of Twitter peeps and my sister, I have decided that I am going to have to put more effort into my story if I ever want it to be finished. And by more effort I mean more, thought, more work, and more time.

Because that is one of my goals also. To share some of my story with you all, but if I am not writing it, then I can't share it.

So that's what I have been doing in between my posts. Writing or trying to anyway! So please bear with me as I try to find a groove and a balance that allows me to pursue all my passions without neglecting any and without ripping myself apart. I don't know how long it will take me to hit my stride, but I promise I am working on it.

So I guess I haven't really been slacking and I definitely don't plan to start now. But stick with me through this and give me a gentle prod every now and then.

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

2 comments:

  1. It's so important to find a good balance and not neglect the things that you love. I will be taking score for my son's baseball team so I will be blogging less frequently too. Good luck with your writing, Danielle :) Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. That balance is a tricky thing. Hopefully I can master this. There was a time in my life where things were so super crazy and I figured that out so I have high hopes for this!! Thanks for stopping by and the support and good luck with score keeping. That sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete