Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Frustrating Book Characters Ever

Top Ten Tuesday is an incredibly awesome meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Okay, so I am in love with this weeks topic: Most frustrating characters ever because there happen to be a lot of characters that frustrate the hell out of me. But I love them anyway. In fact that is probably one of the reasons I love them. :) So here it is, the list of characters that frustrate the hell out of me, the ones I want to hug and choke at the same time!

1. Harry Potter from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
I don't know about the rest of you, but Harry was frustrating. He was whiny, untrusting, naive, stupid at times, and sometimes too trusting. There were so many times throughout the series that I wanted to choke him. Oh, woe is me! (that's Harry by the way, not me!)

2. Eve Duncan from the Eve Duncan Series by Iris Johansen
There is not a book that goes by that I don't want to both choke and hug Eve Duncan. She is probably the most stubborn and pig headed character I have ever read. She is determined to catch a killer and bring home her daughter, putting everyone at arms length. She is always running head first into danger without thinking of the consequences or what it could mean for those that love her. She thinks of no one but her lost daughter again shutting everyone out. She takes unnecessary risks and just never listens to anyone. If you have ever read one of her books you will completely understand.

3. Chase Williams from The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick
Chase is one of those frustrating characters that with every book I love him more and want to smack him more. He is such a strong character but he is ruled by his emotions, stubborn, set in his ways, often naive, slow to trust, and jumps into battle without thinking of the consequences. He is quick to act and often makes decisions without the consideration of others. But I love him anyways!!

4. Marcus Starkraven from The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick
Not only does Marcus frustrate me, but there are times where I flat out hate him. Since the first book he has been secretive, manipulative, stubborn, and he always makes decisions based on what he thinks is right. He has never given Chase the full story always thinking it is best to keep him in the dark. Of course it usually bites him in the butt. However, he does it anyway. After all Marcus knows best.

5. Cherise Gautier from The Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon
In every book I want to smack her. I think she might be the only character I don't want to smack and hug at the same time. I simply just want to smack her. Being a single mom and wanting her son to be better than his father she is harder on Nick then she has to be. She never believes a word Nick says, often believing the worst of her son. When in fact her son was just doing what she told him to do. She treats Nick with disrespect and just assumes that he is going to be a bad kid simply because of who his father is. If something happens it must be Nick's fault.

6. Daemon from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have only just recently discovered this series and I have to say that Daemon is one of the most frustrating characters. EVER. He is such as jerk. But you know that he can be a real gentleman and he is, when it works for him. And when it no longer works for him, he puts his jerk face on! I swear you could get whiplash watching him flip flop from gentleman to jerk. He's arrogant and rude and completely egotistical, he knows he is handsome and good at what he does. Just writing this makes me mad at him!!!

7. Bella from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Really there are no words......you know the reason she's on here! I will say no more!

8. Frodo Baggins from The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
All I am going to say here is that there is no way that Frodo could have survived if it wasn't for Sam. Frodo is so......he is just........so smug, arrogant, rude and he acts like he is the only one who can do his job. Well Frodo, it was really Sam that was the hero! There I said it!

9. Zoe Morgan from The Just Breathe Series by Kendall Grey
Okay I love Zoe, I think she is head strong and doesn't take crap from nobody. But.....I also think that she is quick to judge. She is hard on people and doesn't forgive easily. She is too dedicated to her job. So much so that she is willing to put it before her own personal happiness. Thinking that the job will make her happy. She is blind when it comes to her own feelings and I can't help but yell at her through the pages.

10. Joe Quinn from The Eve Duncan Series by Iris Johansen
All I need to say about Joe is this........he is so in love with Eve that he quits his job with the FBI just to be closer to her, he does everything he can to put himself in Eve's path, he get's married so that Eve can have a friend and he pushed Eve into the arms of another man in hopes that she could learn to love again. I mean really?? Really? Need I say more? I don't think so.

Well there you have it, the characters that frustrate me the most! Do you have any characters that frustrate you?


"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."



6 comments:

  1. I applaud your inclusion of Harry Potter in your list. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I admire how gutsy it is to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, I love Harry, but there were times I wanted to choke him!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. agree with Moonlit.. and also with Bella and Frodo on your list..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you with Chase and Daemon. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congrats for the Feature and Follow of Alison!
    I was already following you, though :-)

    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-and-follow-waking-up-in-your.html

    ReplyDelete