Monday, January 7, 2013

Balance

We all know that finding balance in life is key. Whether it is balance between life and work; family, life and work; life, work, hobby, family or whatever it is you have to do with all your time, finding a way to balance all these intersecting parts of your life can be a challenge.

And everyone finds there own way to deal with them. Some people keep a planner, make lists, set reminders, leave themselves notes, schedule things-everything, while some just roll with the punches. I fall in the latter category-I just roll with it. I keep a list sort of-in my head, I keep a running list of all the things I have to get done. But sometimes just having the list in my head makes me more stressed until finally I feel like my head will explode.

So what do I do when things get stressed or I feel like I am about to explode?? Easy, I get totally lost in some mind numbing video game where I can go in guns a blazing and blow stuff up-yup, totally helps!! But that just covers how to handle things when life get's out of control. The question I want to tackle today is......how do you maintain balance in your life? You know what do you do to avoid the nuclear meltdown, the messy head explosion, and the oh so painful hair pulling? 

You see I don't plan much, I don't right lists, I don't schedule, I don't use a planner and I don't leave myself notes. You see I have a plan i.e., that list in my head, looks something like this: blog more, read more, write more, cook more, all while not neglecting my family! Of course the list is a little more specific, but you get the gist.  So how do I maintain my balance?

For me, it is with the incredible assistance of my better half, my spouse! You see it is because of him that I can even do the things that I attempt to do. He gives me the freedom and support to be me. You see he is literally the ying to my yang, the light to my dark, water to my fire, he is the light at the end of the tunnel and is my rock! If it wasn't for him I would literally do all that messy stuff listed above, you know the head explosion and hair pulling, totally.

It is the balance that he brings me that gives me the strength to accomplish so many crazy things. Oh sure every once in a while things slip and I go into meltdown mode, but he's there for that too! He just get's me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But I'm not saying that I still don't break down and that I still don't struggle, because believe me I do. Just ask my better half, he will tell you. There are many times that I wonder how will I do it all, but somehow I manage to do it all. I probably should start keeping a planner or writing a list, but the problem for me is reading those things once I have actually written them down. They don't exactly help you if you don't ever read them!! So you see my dilemma!

Currently my life is not as crazy as it has been in the past, but ever since I took up blogging my world seems to get a little more busy! Even though I am doing this for fun it takes a lot of time, time that I sometimes wonder if I have or where I am going to get it. But it is a passion, so I find the time. And that's the thing with blogger's you see most of us don't do this for money, we just do it because it is our passion and we want to share that passion with other people and hopefully turn someone onto to something that maybe they never considered before! If we help introduce even just one book to someone then what we do is worth it!

And not only do most of us not do this for money, but most bloggers have full time jobs, like actually jobs that pay money, and things that they have to do, like take care of a family!! I greatly admire all those blogger's out there that manage to post original content every day, read tons of books and manage to write amazing reviews all while keeping it sane!!!  How do you all do it????? Really??

And what about all you non-bloggers? I know your lives are just as crazy, they are just full of other things that demand your time. So what fills your time and how do you manage to find a balance???

So what do you do to avoid all the messy and painful stuff listed above???? I would love to hear from you!


"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."


No comments:

Post a Comment