Saturday, December 22, 2012

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Review)

*Cover and from Goodreads

My Summary
Nick Gautier seems like the typical teenager, with typical problems; like fitting in, dating, sports and just surviving high school. But you would be wrong.

Nick’s life is heading down a dark path, only he doesn’t know it yet. In one night, with one decision everything that Nick believes to be true will be put to the test, as he is challenged to embrace a world he always denied existed.
 
With the help of friends both old and new, Nick will face man-made and undead zombies, the truth about the world and a deep truth about himself.

My Review: 5-Must Devour!!!!!

When I first started reading this book my first thought was, why hadn’t I read this sooner? This story had me in its grasp from the minute I picked it up. I found the prologue to be perfect. Now usually I am not a fan of prologues, but this one did exactly what it was supposed to do, make me want to keep reading.

And I did. I found this book to be absolutely refreshing. I found that the story developed perfectly as it allowed me to get to know the characters and the entire story. I really love it when you get to discover things along with the character. It really allows you to feel like you are a part of the story.
I felt like I really connected with the characters, especially Nick as he struggled to survive the cruel world of high school. The way his story was told was so incredibly believable and you couldn’t help but feel for Nick as he was bullied day in and day out. But what I loved more was his absolute determination to do right by his mom.

Oh sure he made mistakes, was always a smart-alleck, and was full of teenage angst, but you could tell that deep down all he wanted was to make his mom proud.

This book truly has it all, vampires, hunters, gods, shape shifters, witches and zombies; and it is full of great one liner’s that I absolutely can’t get out of my head! I now want nothing more than to dive into this story and stay there until everything has unfolded.

Favorite Character Moment:

This is from when Nick accidently discovers something using a super amped cattle prod.
“Well, someone slap my butt and give me a hero cookie” (Hardback, p. 300).

Helpful Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Sherrilyn Kenyon

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time." 


No comments:

Post a Comment