Thursday, December 27, 2012

Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Review)

*Cover and Synopsis from Goodreads

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she's returned--to her old life, her family, her boyfriend--before she's banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance--and the one person she loves more than anything. But there's just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's queen.
Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton.

My Review: 4 Delectable
I will admit when I first started reading this book I felt sort of lost, like I missed a chapter or two or even an entire book! And that frustration had me debating whether or not to even keep reading. But my sheer determination to complete the puzzle kept me going. And I'm glad that I read until the end, until I gathered every puzzle piece and assembled that puzzle.

I am a hopeless romantic and this book really played on all the reasons why. And really that's what this book was about......love, with some supernatural thrown in. But I do have to say that the little glimpse into the supernatural was enough to pique my curiosity and left me hoping for more!

I loved the tale of Jack and Nikki, but I couldn't help but secretly route for Cole. I mean sure he may have gained from her little experience, but I think that deep down he really has feelings for Nikki. Who knows, maybe Nikki will be the thing that makes Cole want to change his ways. Definitely makes me want to read Everbound that much more!!

So really if you are a hopeless romantic and like that supernatural touch, then this is the book for you!!


"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I enjoyed this book too. Haha my feelings for this book were so overwhelming, I couldn't even write a review. I didn't know where to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when that happens! This book didn't hit me as hard, but I have high hopes for Everbound!!

    ReplyDelete